Thursday, December 13, 2007

Living Every Day to the Max!

Are you ready for your final day on earth?

This is an extremely challenging question that most of us want to avoid. For those of us who live in Omaha, NE, the tragic event last Wednesday at the Von Maur store at Westroads Mall has forever changed our lives.

In our consulting and speaking business, we work hard to differentiate ourselves from competition. We work hard to build trust and deliver high value to our clients by employing in-depth questioning, listening intentionally, analyzing your answers, customizing all of our work, providing excellent turnaround time, and positively impacting your bottom line.

Von Maur is the store that we have utilized to purchase and ship gifts to prospects as a unique tool to introduce ourselves to them. My wonderful wife of 34 years, Paula, was at Von Maur on the third floor at Customer Service just 20 minutes before the tragedy occurred.

We are extremely grateful that she – and our friends and family – were unscathed. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the victims, their families, and friends. Paula knew several of the victims and can attest to the genuine, concerned, hard-working, fabulous people that they were.

So…the question for each of us is…Am I ready to meet my Maker? Am I ready for today to be my last day on earth? Are there any wrongs that need righted? Does anyone deserve and need my apologies and my request for forgiveness? Are all my legal affairs in order? Is my family protected with a will or trust? Do I have enough life insurance to provide for my family in my absence? Is the written succession plan for my business complete?

Your family, friends, peers, employees, customers and clients should all have the highest level of trust in you. If the answer to any of these questions is no, let’s all commit to tie-up the loose ends in our lives before the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Day. This will be a fine way to be one step ahead of the game going into 2008.

No comments: